Adding colour to our crags...

Latest South Africa climbing news! Good news - Hard sends, first ascents, onsights, wicked redpoints, competitions, etc. Bad news - accidents, muggings, rockfalls, etc. You can also send it on over to info@climbing.co.za.

mik

Adding colour to our crags...

Post by mik »

New challenges, new places, new people, and new experiences is what makes climbing so exciting, right? Having climbed at the Hole many times, I didn't expect that particular place to still deliver in terms of novelty, but I was wrong. Going up Fleur de Mer, I had a colourful new experience in pink and yellow tints. From the third bolt onwards or so, every single handhold of someone's sequence is marked in yellow, footholds in pink. My favourite part is where, at around bolt 6, "foot" and "knee" is written on the rock to explain how a kneebar can be placed (see photo).
Hole2.jpg
Hole2.jpg (150.98 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
I am still trying to figure out the meaning of the whole thing. A meticulous preparation for someone's flash attempt of the route? Or an outdoor climber reaching out to the indoor community, trying to provide a gentle transition from colourful plastic to real rock? If anyone has deeper insights, please let me know!

Oh, and I was disappointed that the same colour was used for left and right hand, had to figure this out myself.

wesleywt

Re: Adding colour to our crags...

Post by wesleywt »

Its got to be a locked out gym climber.
Forket

Post by Forket »

Shoot on sight
illona

Post by illona »

That is shocking.
wildx

Post by wildx »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Strong enough to climb the route though...
wesleywt

Post by wesleywt »

But not strong enough to follow the obvious holds though. It's not hardest beta to figure out.