Gift Of Wings

Swop tips on moves, route conditions, etc.
drewolden2007

Gift Of Wings

Post by drewolden2007 »

Please help me solve this king line. decided on the toe in post box way.
Great if anyone could give me the beta. :rambo:
stingrei

Re: Gift Of Wings

Post by stingrei »

Forket

Post by Forket »

The best beta anyone could give you is to go and try again. Any sequence related beta shared with you, might help you to send, but sending doesn't make people stronger. Failure and using your frontal lobe to figure out your own beta makes you a better and steonger climber.

Ebert Nel
drewolden2007

Post by drewolden2007 »

More wise words.
mik

Post by mik »

I actually disagree with Ebert. Trying other people's beta will extend your repertoire of techniques and give you better ideas for solving tricky sections. In the long run this will make you a better climber, as you'll have a broader range of ideas and potential solutions to try. And stronger you'll get elsewhere, not by getting stuck with suboptimal beta.
Forket

Post by Forket »

Suboptimal beta will make a rapidly improving youngster pull harder, making him stronger for the next proj. This way he will develop his own climbing style and will make him climb exponentially better.

Being given solutions will make him send faster, thus build less strength, not develop route solving abilities and make him reliant on other people solving the problems in the future. Especially old man sneaky beta, this will help you in the short term, but you'll be better off learning these things in your own time, when you need them and when you are interested in putting time into a route to figure them out.

Learning by failure, will teach you more than anyone can ever. There are no shortcuts if you want to climb harder, whether you learn this, on this line or the next.

This is obviously a very opinionated and controversial topic. There are many roads to Rome and many ways to skin a cat. This is my 2c. I'm not a professional. I just love climbing and been in the same boat, in need of answers, got them easily and didn't end up with the results I wanted. It took a long time to figure the above out. Goodluck out there

E