cranking kids?

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
drewolden2007

cranking kids?

Post by drewolden2007 »

Hi, I'm 13 now and have just managed to send Red Guitar (26). Any other Kids out there wanting to climb this grade and push harder?
I live in Cape Town, we like heading out to the Hole, The Mine and Main Silvermine crags. Reply if you're interested in coming along.
:wink:
Warren G

Re: cranking kids?

Post by Warren G »

Great job! Benjamin did that and managed to keep climbing twice his age until 16 where he did Barricade, a 32! The are a few strong kids in Cape Town right now climbing into the 30s- even flashing them! Stay psyched man!
Sandbagging is a dirty game
wesleywt

Post by wesleywt »

Most of the cranking kids are climbing pebbles in the Echo Valley.
Thermophage

Post by Thermophage »

wesleywt wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:52 am Most of the cranking kids are climbing pebbles in the Echo Valley.
I believe that is the original trad climbing mos ;)
drewolden2007

Post by drewolden2007 »

I've actually met some cranking kids since last post and one of them did Red Guitar! There are more young climbers pushing hard than you'd think.
Don't forget to reply if you want to hook up,
Drew :pig:
Cleadeklerk04

Post by Cleadeklerk04 »

Yoh a 26 at 13 is impressive! I was at the trad meet on Saturday with Julia and Tienie was saying that you led Roulette on TM on trad as well, that’s hectic- well done! :lol:

I’m Clea and I’m 16, I don’t climb as hard as that haha. Probably 21-22/23 depending on the route & mostly just for fun. I’ve never been to the Hole but I love Silvermine and I’m always keen to climb :hapban
drewolden2007

Post by drewolden2007 »

Hi Clea, it would be cool to meet up. We love climbing Silvermine too. We've started a Whatsapp group for climbing kids to hook up on weekends. You can message Lucy (my mom) on 082 328 4901 and she'll add you. We're off to Montagu this weekend. Have a good one, Drew