Climbing partners wanted in and around Cape Town

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
AgentSmith

Climbing partners wanted in and around Cape Town

Post by AgentSmith »

Hi

I'm Shaun a sport climber from JHB, staying in Sunningdale, Blouberg. I relocated to Cape Town in December 2020 and looking to put together a group for climbers needing a climbing partner on the odd occasion (If there isn't one already). I have all my own sport gear and don't mind teaching someone if they are looking to get into the sport or learn. My favourite is multi-pitching and would love to pass on the knowledge that I have gained from experience. There are some beautiful climbs that WC has to offer and cannot wait to get on a few myself. If there is someone who doesn't mind teaching, I would also be eager to learn trad but would be starting from scratch as I completed the MCSA 2-day trad course several years ago.

I'm not one to push grades and climb purely for enjoyment, so I don't care if you want to climb a 15 or a 20, as long as we are getting out there and climbing safely. I am an active MCSA member and my gf and I enjoy hiking too.

DM me with your cell if you would like to be added.

mokganjetsi

Re: Climbing partners wanted in and around Cape Town

Post by mokganjetsi »

There are 2 main sport climber's and trad whassap groups for CT based climbers; people tend to form smaller groups with others they climb with regularly so the "main" groups do not have a great deal of partnering activity but there is some; DM me your nr and I will add you nonetheless if you're keen.