Kleinmond and Oudtshoorn

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
Philipsfeet

Kleinmond and Oudtshoorn

Post by Philipsfeet » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi all

I'm a Gauteng climber and heading down to Western Cape. I have the published route guide but it seems there is some developments since the publication. I'm specifically looking for info on the following:

Kleinmond:

Rumour has it that there is bouldering but it doesn't show on the guide and I'm not too sure what's happening with the website and topos online or where to look for information.

Oudtshoorn:

Travelling with my trail dog and not sure if he would be allowed into the climbing area. Any chance anyone can confirm whether the area/location is cool with pets entering.

Hermanus:

I will also be in or around Hermanus and I saw routes developed there. Is the current wiki up to date or does someone know of other spots in that area?

Cheers all.
P

HectorD

Re: Kleinmond and Oudtshoorn

Post by HectorD » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:06 am

Hi
I’m a JHB climber that moved down to Hermanus a month ago. I have not been able to go climb at all since I’ve been down here and I would love to tag along when you’re down here. Let me know if you’re keen

AllisterFenton

Re: Kleinmond and Oudtshoorn

Post by AllisterFenton » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:56 am

Hey guys

Gonna be in Oudtshoorn for 2 weeks from tomorrow if you're keen for a climb.

Allister