Looking for trad parters - CPT area

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
neeknak

Looking for trad parters - CPT area

Post by neeknak » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Looking for someone to climb with? I'm interested in getting into trad after several years of climbing. On sport routes I'm around a 19/20 outdoors with some experience leading and following multi-pitch. Have most of a rack already, but looking for someone to follow for a few routes and eventually start sharing leads with :thumleft:

Let me know if you're keen! niko.nakai@gmail.com / 066-570-4003

27M from Seattle in the US

ShaolinWood

Re: Looking for trad parters - CPT area

Post by ShaolinWood » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:08 am

Hey Niko, I stay on the Peninsula (Close to Simon's Town)
I'm not a hardcore trad climber but I've done a few routes and also looking for someone keen to do some more.
There's a whole bunch of great (easier grade) routes at Muizenberg and Elsies Peak as well. And yea ofcourse Table Mountain.

Cool but I'll send you an email then we can make a plan :thumright
Cheers
Gerhard

TheDon

Post by TheDon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:53 am

HI Guys

i stay just below muizenberg crag and have climbed about 5 routes there, i did my 1st and only lead on that crag, ive also climbed elsies peak and done a few routes on steenberg ridge , some on the lower buttresses of table mountain and on the apostles side ive done barrier frontal and slangolie frontal, yoh that was an epic day!

i have a full trad rack, i can climb comfortably on a grade 14 Trad and have climbed a few 16s but never on lead,

i am looking for a trad partner or 2 that can lead us until i have got my groove back as i havent climbed in over a year, i have transport so can climb anywhere,

i think maybe a few days climbing sport at the pinnacle would be a great place to meet and get to know each others abilities, i am currently available during most days.

if anyones keen to climb let me know
Cheers Don

deadmuppet

Post by deadmuppet » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:32 pm

Hey all - I'm also keen to get into trad, but also am looking for someone to lead for now. I'm climbing similar grades to everything mentioned above, and I am busy putting together a rack :o