Wanted: Thunder Buddy for CPT and Western Cape Epics

Find someone to climb with... anywhere
DavidAndrews

Wanted: Thunder Buddy for CPT and Western Cape Epics

Post by DavidAndrews »

Hey there future climbing partner,

Get your rack ready, smelly shoes packed and old cliff bar crumbles assembled for conquering the Western Cape.

I just moved to the Mother City from Europe and hereby extend a warm welcome to anyone interested in sharing some epics together.
High up on my list are
- nice sport crag days
- Table Mountain (just getting the hang of trad, so some easy breezers for starters)
- Montagu, Cederberg, Paarl, Hottentots .....sky's the limit
- Trip to Waterfal Boven

Paid my dues in the Dolomites and Spain, climbing for about five years with the inevitable prolonged breaks in between. Getting the wheels greased again, comfortably leading 21/6a on sport right now but aiming higher.
Big love for exposed mutli-pitching but always keen on fun sport cragging.
I have a full rack of cams and nuts, all the draws ad biners.
Got wheels for roaming to spots and also love to surf when it's on.

Sounds like right up your alley? Hit me up you lovely climbing humans of Cape Town. I'd be happy to join an established climbing gang or WhatsApp group as well.
Always down to go pull on some plastic at CityRock when the weather turns sour.
I'm working from home so very flexible time-wise.
Look forward to be sharing fun times

David, 33

Facebook: David J. Larsen
073 282 8534
josef-sa

Re: Wanted: Thunder Buddy for CPT and Western Cape Epics

Post by josef-sa »

Hello David, I am Austrian and coming regulary to Cape Town. Know lots of climbs there; aslso opened lots of routes at Paarl. Coming again March 18th until 31st. If You are interested in some easy stuff at TM or Paarl let me know. Am also planning 2 to 3 days in Cederberg at Wolfberg. Am twice a old as you and therefore not so hard climbing anymore; but up to 16 is ok, depending how much power one needs.
Regards Josef
Josef Mayer, Austria
climbjeroen

Re: Wanted: Thunder Buddy for CPT and Western Cape Epics

Post by climbjeroen »

Hi David, I'm in Cape Town from 9 - 12 March and would love to go for a climb! Was wondering if you would like to go sport cragging or multipitching on one of those dates?

Would say my comfort-level outdoors is 6a as well, but I always enjoy trying something harder. I don't have any trad experience, but I've been sport climbing in Spain, Greece, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany. Most of the time you can find me in the gym in Amsterdam (since we don't have mountains here). I'm always up for multipitching too!

Jeroen (32)