IP's removed at Pakhuys

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
XMod

IP's removed at Pakhuys

Post by XMod »

Who removed the 'IP' signs from the rock and tat off the first bolts from projects in the gully at Pakhuys?
XMod

Re: IP's removed at Pakhuys

Post by XMod »

You all know what this (pic) means - right? It means that the bolted line is a private project and to stay off the route until the equipper has had a chance to work and send the line.
20201004_125312.jpg
20201004_125312.jpg (3.97 MiB) Viewed 837 times
Come on guys, the routes in question are not mine but as I have had many, many projects stolen from me in the past I feel inclined to have a rant about this. The guys who equipped these lines were pretty upset about people messing with their stuff. From experience I know how much it sucks to spend a not inconsiderable amount of money, a big chunk of time and petrol, and a huge amount of effort to equip a new line only to have some lazy d_ckhead come and sh_t all over your jol.

There is no excuse for doing stuff like this - it's theft (the absolute lowest of the low IMO) plain and simple. There is SO much rock in this country, go out and find your own projects! Contribute to the sport, don't f_ck with other peoples' enjoyment of this wonderful activity (climbing rocks). When you do that you are detracting from the sport, you are creating tension and anger needlessly and splitting the community into factions - seriously blind, totally selfish, shortsighted and anti-social behaviour!

If you believe in open projects only that is YOUR choice, DO NOT inflict your choices on other people! The accepted norm is for projects to be the private reserve of the equipper for a reasonable length of time. Both of the lines that were messed with were bolted VERY recently and are being actively worked on by the bolters on a regular basis.

SO: - Own up! I want to know who did this because we need to have a serious chat! (No I dont want to beat you up - just talk - although the equippers may feel quite differently!!!)
Logic

Re: IP's removed at Pakhuys

Post by Logic »

It needs to be someone with access, opportunity and a motive, given the above it is probably not too difficult to identify likely suspects...