Boven:Beginner friendly Routes in wet weather

If you are a beginner climber and want to ask other climbers any questions - then this is the place to ask.
Choc07

Boven:Beginner friendly Routes in wet weather

Post by Choc07 »

Hi all ,

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable festive season.
Planning a trip to Boven over new years seems its gonna be a bit wet with some dry patches here and there also gonna be lovely and humid 😅. I am taking along a friend who “wants to try out climbing” , any suggestions on routes that will stay reasonably dry that I can setup a toprope on for a complete beginner.
Also dry routes for myself and the Wife with grades below 23. Even just a suggestion as to where to go looking for dry routes.

Thanks in advance,

Leon van der Spuy.
deSouzaFrank

Re: Boven:Beginner friendly Routes in wet weather

Post by deSouzaFrank »

Only one i can think of at that grade in dry spot is Jamani grade 19 at Baboon Buttress. Not a long route though but perfectly dry. Have sat out many a thunderstorm there.
Choc07

Re: Boven:Beginner friendly Routes in wet weather

Post by Choc07 »

deSouzaFrank wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:10 am Only one i can think of at that grade in dry spot is Jamani grade 19 at Baboon Buttress. Not a long route though but perfectly dry. Have sat out many a thunderstorm there.
Thank you , we were lucky to mostly have good weather , most routes stayed dry even when it started to drizzle

Regards,
Leon