Marijuana and other recreational drugs

General climbing discussions. Climbing, Bouldering, Mountaineering. Anything!!
**Keep the arguments to the suject, not the members!
Forket
Re: Marijuana and other recreational drugs

Post by Forket »

Good people
XMod

Post by XMod »

Wow, Old Smelly, expressions of intolerance, passive aggressive posturing, threats of violence. I can't think of any weed smoker who would stoop to any of those, they are usually pretty peaceful.

I think you'd look pretty stupid facing the constitutional court when you realise the person you were trying to force your ideas of right and wrong onto was actually Rastafarian and you have violated their constitutional right to practice their religion as they see fit. It takes all types to make up the world, get used to it, you may be here for a while.
Old Smelly

Post by Old Smelly »

Oh I didn't say it would be me...

I am very tolerant -just using colloquial expressions - not saying those are my terms, just the banter from the previous statements...

who said I support violent action - I have seen it to be present in the climbing community though...it could happen

I think there is a big difference between my viewpoints and the actions other people would/ could take. So not necessarily the actions I would take but rather an awareness that not everyone in the climbing community may be willing to always be at the mercy of someone elses "dirty habits" - which could be their viewpoint.

Far be it from me to state other than the fact that this situation can exist, that not everyone is "cool" with dagga, smoking grass or weed or whatever other term could be used that is not prejudicial or passive aggressive.

I am pretty sure that even the constitutional court has to uphold the law against smoking in a public place as opposed to practicing your religion in a public space but it would be an interesting court case, certainly not a one sided given outcome.

Interesting that you would regard one persons rights to be more important or enforceable than another's though. I think our right to be able to do our own thing at crags without someone else intruding should be a thing that all climbers should support. Sure - go ahead and do your thing - just not in the public space. That is the kind of thing our constitution supports, not some persons personal interests being promoted at the expense of everyone else present. Besides all that, we as climbers should certainly support that.

So if you think I was proposing violence of any sort I was not - just suggesting we reach the common ground before some of those incidents occur and those fine dagga smoking folks of Marshalls enforce their viewpoint on everyone else with spankings...sounds like oppression there...
Really, its not that bad...I think it's my shoes...
Forket

Post by Forket »

Attachments
Screenshot_20220407-084557_Instagram.jpg
Smiley137

Post by Smiley137 »

Marijuana is a good recreational remedy, but everyone should choose a recreational remedy based on individual characteristics. I think it's better to smoke marijuana than to drink alcohol, since ethyl alcohol is very harmful to human organism. Instead of alcohol, I'd rather smoke some weed that I'll buy here, http://herbheaven.co. Weed relaxes me very much and I like it. It's also especially nice that I don't feel any discomfort in the morning.
Last edited by Smiley137 on Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChronicallyClimbing

Post by ChronicallyClimbing »

Screenshot_20230202_110621_WhatsApp.jpg
Swaksaag

Post by Swaksaag »

Maybe we should all just relax and smoke a joint together. Get to know each other. I have kids, dogs, climb, run, mtb, drink beer, smoke joints, its all good man.
Marshall1

Post by Marshall1 »

What about hot boxing? Do you do hot boxing as well?
Swaksaag

Post by Swaksaag »

Hot boxing, sure, as long as there is no poop music. Oops, I meant pop music.
harrimoritz

Post by harrimoritz »

I see it's been a while, but I wanted to chime in. I understand your concerns as a parent and a climber, and I hope that by having this conversation, we can all work toward creating a safer and more supportive community for climbers of all ages and backgrounds.
XMod

Post by XMod »

Hehehe, I love how this thread has devolved from a self righteous rant into people arranging to meet for a hot box! True words. You can hate on weed all you want and wish your teenage kids to be safe but the simple reality of the present ethos is that people are smoking weed EVERYWHERE. The police have given up on even trying to prosecute users and your teenage kids are propbably buying CBD products (legally) from Baked. Move with the times or be left behind. Hell even my 'severely anti weed' sister uses CBD products (I won't comment on the irony - just have a chuckle).
chonGus

Post by chonGus »

I love this tradition. It's an excellent way to get into one circle and spend time around beautiful and warm people. It's a good way to create a better and stronger bond among climbers and an excellent way to make new friends. I'm not into weed, to be honest. I'm more into vaping. I cannot tell you anything about weed, but I could list the best flavors of Air Bar Diamond Box. However, this doesn't stop me from spending time around people who use this drug because I don't mind people smoking it, and people don't mind my presence while they smoke.
Kryptortec

Post by Kryptortec »

It's clear that the climbing community, like many others, has grappled with the use of recreational drugs over the years.
While it's true that alcohol can also have its downsides, it's concerning to hear about the challenges some individuals face with drug use within the climbing community.
I agree that there needs to be more open dialogue and awareness around the potential dangers of substance use, especially in environments like campgrounds and crags where climbers gather. It's essential for climbers, young and old, to prioritize safety and well-being, both on and off the rock.
On a related note, I've been learning about the potential therapeutic benefits of medical cannabis for various health conditions. It's a different context, of course, but it underscores the importance of responsible use and informed decision-making.
Last edited by Kryptortec on Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marshall1

Post by Marshall1 »

Clearly...

Kryptortec = AI pretending to be baked

:lol: