Request a Quote
Bushman’s Cave Amphitheatre was founded in 2002 by Erik & Melinda Milander on their farm about 35 km outside Clanwilliam. Several of the country’s top artists have performed at this beautiful open air theatre. Bushmans Cave also offers the option of self catering cottages or camping with full ablution facilities, electricity, and a swimming pool.
In 2013, Reini Fichtinger, Zlu Haller, Killian Fischhuber, Anna Stöhr & co. spent 3 weeks developing the bouldering on Erik & Melinda’s farm. They developed about 75 problems (25 on the right and 50 on the left side of the road). Zlu Haller has said, “I can honestly say that some of them definitely belong to the best I’ve ever climbed.”
The bouldering is all easily accessible within a 5 to 10 minutes walk from the parking. All problems in the Taj Mahal area are located to the right of the main road – Taj Mahal (V9) is probably under the Top 3 in routes in Rocklands in this grade. There are also tons of problems just 5 minutes to the left of the main road.
Bushman’s Cave Accommodation
Camping: Unlimited Camping with Electricity R40 per per person per night.
Self-catering Chalets: 11 Chalets & 1 Room (± 40 Beds)
Prices from R350 per unit max. 4 – R450 per unit max. 5
Bushman’s Cave Facilities
- Two Swimming Pools
- Small Farm shop with basics
- Braai Packs & Fresh Farm Bread available by request.
- Fridge Available, Locker Available
- Four Scenic 4×4 Trails and 4×2 Trail,
- Game Drives – Springbok & Oryx, Rock Art, Scenic Flora, Bird Watching (Fish Eagle)
- COMMUNITY HALL – for FREE to Residents
- Big Screen with DSTV / Movies / Laptop, Sound Equipment
- Pool Table, Dart Board, Fire Place Inside, Bon Fire Outside
- WiFi if occupation is 60% plus
- Catering for special events on request.
Remember: Keep CLOSED gates CLOSED!!
Request a Quote