Die Poort Self Catering Cottages & Campsites
Request a Quote
Discover a jewel of simplicity, hidden between the breath taking cliffs of the majestic Cederberg Mountains. This unique setting is ideally situated for nature lovers, hikers, bouldering enthusiasts, team building, honeymooners, or just a paradise to relax in.
Enjoy fresh mountain air, magical views, cliffs painted with autumn coloured sunsets, full moonlit nights, star drenched skies, whispers of silence, romantic candlelit dinners , the abundance of indigenous bird- plant- and wildlife, unique rock formations, rock art, nature trails and for the adventurous –The Rocklands bouldering sites.
Activities and places of interest in the vicinity:
- Bouldering & Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Ancient Caves – Come and explore ancient bushman dwellings, caves and rock paintings
- Golf – Bring your clubs and play a round of golf in this unique setting, at Clanwilliam.
- Fishing & Boating – Nearby Clanwilliam Dam has some of the best Bass Fishing in S.A.
- Ramskop Nature Reserve – One of the best places to view wild flowers in season.
- Rooibos Tea Factory – Come and see where the famous Rooibos Tea comes from.
- Strassberger Shoe Factory – Visit the factory and buy a custom made pair of unique
- Bidouw Valley – Take a scenic drive through this majestic valley abundant with flowers and wildlife, with spectacular views.
- Historical Wupperthal Village
- Various restaurants
Accommodation and Rates:
|Old Stone Cottage (Anneries Lekkers)
Cosy open plan stone cottage with built in fireplace/ braai and small dam for swimming
Sleeps up to 4 persons
Minimum Stay 2 nights
|R700.00 per night|
Sleeps a maximum of 7 people.
Unique fully equipped farm house with open plan living area, fire place and dam outside.
-Main bedroom (double bed) sleeps 2 people
-Open plan sleeping area, built in rock formations, with 1 double bed and 2 single beds.
(Extra bed can be arranged) – sleeps maximum of 5 people.
Minimum stay 5 nights ( shorter stays on request but subject to rate change)
|R1000.00 per night|
The above rates include:
Set in natural surrounds
Communal bathroom with gas showerFully equipped caravan available
Fully equipped caravan for two persons R350 pn (bedding & cutlery included)
Outside bathroom with warm water.
R200.00 per night
(4 people or less)
R50.00 per extra personTent Sites:
R50 per person per night
- Braai wood can be supplied at additional cost
- Meals / food parcels can be provided at an additional cost (by prior arrangement)
Terms & Conditions:
- In order to guarantee reservation, 50% of costs are pre payable in via EFT within 3 workings days of reservation date. Outstanding amount payable in cash on arrival.
- We regret, no credit card facilities.
- Time of arrival from 14:00 and departure before 11:00
- Please note terms and conditions pertaining to your use of these facilities do exist. If you would like these details prior to arrival please contact us.
250 km from Cape Town, 30 km outside Clanwilliam (Northern Cederberg Route R364) Western Cape, RSA
From Cape Town, follow N7 route north for 250 km. Turn right after Clanwilliam Dam, towards Clanwilliam. Drive straight through Clanwilliam over the Pakhuys Pass (Northern Cederberg Route R364), for 28 km. At “Die Poort” sign, turn left on gravel road (good condition). Drive 1.4km until you arrive at the gate. Welcome at “Die Poort”!
Pre booking essential
Contact ERIDA: 082 802 8422 / Email: email@example.com
NEDBANK – Branch Code: 153305
Acc. Number: 1083841114
(Please use your surname as reference and send proof of payment to above email address)